Through Metizoft’s IHM Survey / Inspection we’ll provide HazMat inspection on-board vessels to comply with both the EU Ship Recycling Regulation (EU SRR) and the IMO MEPC.269(68) requirements.
All of Metizoft Enviro’s HazMat Inspections are carried out by our dedicate team of DNV GL Approved HazMat Experts. Our experts work very closely with the ship’s crew and the Classification societies, ensuring that the shipowner not only complies with the regulation but also has an accurate overview of hazardous materials on-board.
Besides complying to the EU SRR and/or IMO MEPC.269(68), we also see an increasing number of shipowners engaging Metizoft to perform the HazMat surveys / inspections for their vessels prior to scrapping. This demonstrates their effort towards a safer and greener way of scrapping a vessel.
When should you do the IHM?
- Avoid bottlenecks and fire-fighting situations! Be ready for the regulations!
Why should you work with Metizoft?
- Be prepared for unannounced inspections that could lead to detentions.
Be a leader
- Make your staff familiar with the legal requirements.
- Create awareness and safeguard your crew and passengers. Avoid compensation claims by crew members.
- Be a role model for your industry and use this as a competitive advantage. Protect your image by showing responsibility for crew, passengers and recyclers.
Keep your assets
- Identify reasons for reduction of value for your vessels. Avoid contamination of your ship, and make others pay for “pollution” and clean-up of your ships.
Be served in time
- There will be an obvious “bottleneck”